Offshore Wind | 19-10-2023
WTG Technical Lead - 18 Month Role
- Europe - Poland
- Competitive rates
18-month contract role
Hybrid - Europe with some travel to Poland
- Supporting EPCI packages and consents workstream in technical interfaces related to WTG
- Identify and clear scope gaps related to TSA SoW
- Discuss, align and record technical interfaces together with the PMO´s interface management and WTG package management and contract management
- Contribute to claims related to technical SoW of the WTG TSA
- Contribute to Vestas (WTG Supply) – Cadeler (WTG T&I) interface and collaborate with the T&I Manager
- Support the package managers on projects for delivery and execution of the TSA incl. reviewing WTG supplier documentation, claims, opine on the project programme and other TSA deliverables.
- Act as the primary, technical point of contact.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with the WTG supplier's Technical Project Manager to facilitate communication and collaboration.
- Support resolution of technical related issues/aspects with the WTG and interfaces with the grid, SCADA/Control/Communication, WTGFOU secondary steel, T&I with support from the wider engineering team
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to the project team, resolving technical issues as they arise.
- Collaborate closely with the technical project manager (electrical), WTG Engineer (mechanical), Certification manager, Quality manager, HSSE managers, Construction manager and T&I managers
- Ensure that all aspects of the wind turbine package meet quality standards and regulatory requirements incl. support the preparation of the technical documentation required by Polish Construction Law as well as discussions and alignments with local authorities on technical aspects.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings without compromising quality or safety
- Coordinate and attend, if required, site visits and WTG inspections.
- Oversee the testing and commissioning of the wind turbine package to ensure it operates as intended
- Address any performance issues or deficiencies identified during testing
- Monitor the progress and assess the WTG supplier progress reports
- Review and comment on testing and commissioning reports issued by WTG suppliers
- Prepare decision proposals, presentation and documentation for reporting and meetings.
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge and expertise from the WTG TSA to WTG SMA and O&M team, ensuring smooth operations and maintenance after the project's completion
- Manage and follow-up on deviations of requirements such as but not limited to non-conformities (NCs) and report relevant items to the package management
- Technical Progress Report
- Technical Decision Proposals
- Execution of the TSA technical SoW
- Knowledge transfer to O&M team
- MSc or other relevant Master engineering degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within offshore wind and/or construction design
- In depth knowledge of WTG technology; evidence of technical competence, self-motivation, ability to use own initiative, flexible, challenge solving approach.
- Experience in a technical role for a WTG supplier and understanding of TSA contracts
- Strong coordination and communication skills in English
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.