Offshore Wind | 03-5-2023
Electrical Engineer - Senior
- Competitive salary
Kinekta are currently working with one of the world’s leading companies in renewable power generation who are currently hiring for a Senior level Electrical Engineer to support their offshore wind development project portfolio.
Offshore Wind is a constantly evolving industry and within this role you will be responsible for ensuring a robust through life design of the project’s electrical system supporting on all aspects of the HV generation and transmission system up to the connection point to the existing transmission system.
- BSc or MSc Degree / equivalent education in Electrical Power Engineering
- Ideally hold or working towards Chartered Engineer status
- 8+ years’ experience in project engineering of offshore wind / renewable energy projects
- Knowledge of electrical plant including large power transformers, switchgear, onshore transmission substations, static and dynamic reactive power compensation solutions, MV/LV auxiliary systems and cables
- Knowledge of grid connection process in Ireland, ideally dealing with both EirGrid and ESB
- Knowledge of contestable build process in Ireland for connections at 38kV and above
- Appreciation of Health & Safety at Work, CDM Regulations 2013 and the Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) and Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
- Communications skills: Excellent written & oral communication, organisational & time management
- Language skills: Fluent spoken and written English
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.