Battery Energy Storage (BESS) | 03-10-2023
Business Development Manager - BESS
- London - Hybrid
- Competitive salary
My client is a global leader in low-carbon energy supply and services, who have been investing into energy storage and renewable energy projects (solar, wind, biogas) across the UK & Ireland for more than 20 years.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Formation of UK and Ireland grid-scale battery development strategy, consistent with broader ambition and strategy of Flexible Generation GBU.
- Development of business models and origination of opportunities to secure investment in UK and Ireland grid-scale battery storage projects, including through acquisition, partnership, or brownfield/greenfield development.
- Development, validation, and negotiation of contractual structures to support the business models, including:
o Robust financial revenue models that undergo internal financial + risk scrutiny
o Share purchase and partnership agreements
- EPC contract tendering and negotiation with battery suppliers and balance of plant contractors, ensuring the companies procurement validation and consideration of key legal, commercial, financial, and technical issues to meet internal risk standards
- Guiding projects through grid application processes both at distribution and transmission level as required
Business Development experience from any onshore industry (wind, solar, BESS) is relevant.
Follow us on LinkedIn for new job listings, industry insights and career advice.